Inspirational remnant: A steel I-beam in the shape of a cross was pulled from the World Trade Center rubble shortly after the 9/11 attacks collapsed the Twin Towers in New York. For the past five years, the relic, known as the "Ground Zero Cross," stood outside St. Peter's Catholic Church across from the former WTC site. On July 23, it was moved and lowered by a crane into the new National 9/11 Museum, an underground facility due to open next year.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course