Indiana State Sen. Jean Leising shows posters made by schoolchildren who support her bill to require the teaching of cursive writing in school. State education officials gave districts the option of dropping cursive when Indiana adopted common core standards, which require proficiency in keyboarding. (Photo by Maureen Hayden / CNHI)
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course