This aerial view of Plum Island was taken last weekend. The area where the sand mining will take place is in the middle of the photo, between the two stone groins that jut out onto the beach. In the distance, the stone jetties at the mouth of the Merrimack can be seen. This photo shows the enormous amount of sand that has migrated southward toward the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge, which is in the foreground of this photo.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course