The Joppa Flats shellfish beds have been reopened, but as Paul Hogg, shellfish constable and harbormaster for Newburyport, warns only for commercial clammers who are licensed to clam in contaminated beds. The clammers who have gotten licenses still have to take their product from the flats to the Plum Island Purification Plant.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course