Page School sixth-grade teacher John Benvenuti lends a hand to his student, Emily Riley, as she and her classmates explore Riverbend West in West Newbury as part of a place-based learning program sponsored by the National Parks Service. Benvenuti and the rest of the sixth-grade teaching team say proposed improvements to the area by the Open Space Committee will enhance their students' learning experiences.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course