Parker River National Wildlife officials have closed off access to the observation area where this great horned owl was discovered in hopes of protecting the raptor and her eggs. The nesting area in a grove of pine trees is obscured, but the mother owl can be seen in a horizontal position, her banded tail feathers sticking out to the left, her right wing in the center and her "horns," tufts of feathers on her head, sticking straight up.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course