Growing up in an Italian household, Pam Federico learned to cook by watching and helping her two grandmothers as they prepared large family dinners each Sunday. With four teenage sons, she is used to preparing lots of food on a family budget. She hunts for sales in the grocery aisles and shops in bulk, while also making extra trays of meatballs, sauce and other favorite dishes to freeze for later meals. Some of her favorite dishes are pictured below.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course