Close-up photos of letters Harry Hyland, wrote to Santa Claus on Dec. 21, 1899, and again in January 1900 while an 8-year-old student at the Wingate School in Haverhill. These are being provided as a courtesy by Lawrence native Joseph P. Blanchette, Hyland's grandson. Blanchette believes these letters, which he received from his mother, more than a decade ago, may be the oldest existing Santa Claus letters.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course