This photo is of the flag raising at the Back Bay memorial site on Greenleaf Street, Newburyport, on Nov. 11, 1942. Pictured are, front row, from left, Mary Murphy and Mr. and Mrs. Michael Murphy; back row, Mrs. Thomas Toland on left, John Casey and Fred MacFarland at far right.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course