Matthew Stackpole, world-renowned shipbuilding historian, ceremoniously drives in one of the last screws on the whiskey plank of the 19th century replica whaleboat at Lowell's Boat Shop yesterday. The whaleboat they are building is for the Charles W. Morgan, the world's last extant whaleship that is in the process of being restored in Mystic, Conn.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course