Carlos Ortiz appears for a hearing at Attleboro, Mass., District Court, Tuesday, July 9, 2013. Ortiz agreed to remain in jail until an August hearing to determine if he is a danger to the community. He had been arrested on weapons charges in June in Bristol, Conn., in connection with the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez is charged in the June murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-pro football player from Boston. (AP Photo/Boston Herald, Angela Rowlings) BOSTON GLOBE OUT; METRO BOSTON OUT; MAGS OUT; ONLINE OUT
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course