Staff Sgt. Justin McDaniel tosses an Aerovironment Puma AE unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV, or drone) into the air at Forward Operating Base Blessing, Afghanistan, in 2009. Drones are moving from the military to a range of civilian activities, and venture investors have already poured $40.9 million into drone-related startups this year, more than double the amount for last year.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course