Newburyport's Sophie Korpics, 14, was diagnosed with cerebral palsy when she was 2 years old. At the time, friends set up Sophie's Star Fund, which has provided services and tools to enhance her quality of life, such as specialized swim classes and therapeutic horseback riding lessons. With the fund now depleted, Sophie's friends are hosting a fundraiser for the teen Sunday at Moseley Woods.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course