House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of Calif. gestures while speaking during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Friday, Sept. 27, 2013, as Congress continues to struggle over how to fund the government and prevent a possible shutdown. The top House Democrat announced that the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as "Obamacare," will go into effect next Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013, despite Republican efforts to defund the health care law.
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course