In this Oct. 13, 2013 photo, New England Patriots outside linebacker Jerod Mayo is tended after being injured on a tackle of New Orleans Saints running back Darren Sproles in the fourth quarter of an NFL football game in Foxborough, Mass. Mayo suffered a season-ending injury on the play, and the Patriots placed him on the injured reserve list on Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2013. (AP Photo/Stephan Savoia)
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course