Newburyport Daily News
---- — NEWBURYPORT -- A fire in an underground utility caused a manhole cover to blow six feet in the air on Inn Street on Sunday. Smoke billowed from the manhole, and was quickly extinquished by firefighters.
Power was cut off to several downtown businesses while crews repaired the damage.
The explosion and fire occurred around 10:30 in the morning, only yards away from a popular playgound that had several children playing in it (see related video footage). No one was injured.
For details, see Monday's Daily News.