Salisbury: North End Boulevard at Salisbury Beach was closed to traffic as water rushed between homes carrying debris and flooding the roadway. Bryan Eaton/Staff Photo
- Breaking News
Richardson placed on unpaid administrative leave
SEABROOK — At an emergency meeting of the Board of Selectmen today, indicted officer Mark Richardson was placed on unpaid administrative leave due to the indictment. The other two officers, Adam Laurent and Keith Dietenhofer will remain on paid admin
Fire in Seabrook being investigated as crime scene
SEABROOK -- The state has called in crime scene investigators to probe a trailer fire that occurred this morning in Seabrook.
A coroners unit was called to the scene earlier, and police tape was erected around the trailer. Police have not confirmed that someone was killed in the fire, nor have police said what the nature of the crime is that is being investigated.
The fire broke out at about 10:11 a.m. today at 50 B Street, engulfing a trailer on the site. The neighborhood is located off Route 1 near the Hampton Falls line; it consists of 2 parallel streets lined with numerous mobile homes.
A resident of the trailer was visiting a neighbor across the street when the fire broke out. He tried unsuccessfully to gain access to the trailer in order to save his cats, according to Deputy Fire Chief Koko Perkins.
Perkins said the trailer was fully engulfed when firefifghters arrived. It was a particularly hard fire to fight due to gusty winds that flamed it.
"Because of the wind, we had a situation," Perkins said.
Firefighters and police remained on the scene this afternoon. The Attorney General's office was also called to the scene, as well as the state fire marshal.
The Daily News will publish more information as it becomes available.
Update: Man dies in water accident
NEWBURYPORT — A 49-year-old Rhode Island man who was pulled from the water by a Coast Guard rescue boat this afternoon following a para-gliding accident off the Coast of Plum Island has died. "He was pronounced dead at 6:30," Newburyport Police Lt. R
Kezer concedes, Gray wins Amesbury mayor race
Salisbury probe linked to burnt body parts found in Hyde Park, Bridgewater
- Newburyport mayoral vote recount complete, no change in winners
- Trio of boats rescued in rough seas
- Serious accident shuts down Interstate 495
- 6 rescued from boat after collision with jetty
- Mother charged with forcing children to drink bleach
- Patriots' Hernandez charged with murder
- Update: Possible illegal drug lab found in Rowley
- Three-alarm fire displaces families, kills dog
- Replica gun sends Pentucket High into lockdown
- Local election results
- In Boston and beyond, thanks and jubilation
- Amesbury woman injured in Marathon blast
- 'Everyone just froze'
- 5 p.m. UPDATE: Police: Third explosion at the JFK Library
- Bomb explodes at Boston Marathon finish line
- Police respond to report of armed man on Plum Island
- Former private school teacher accused of student rape
- Third house succumbs on Plum Island
- Salisbury Beach weathers high tides, flooding
- Update: Plum Island house collapses, more homes in peril
- Evacuation call reissued for Salisbury Beach
- Evacuation order issued for Salisbury Beach
- UMaine bus crashes on I-95
- Body of missing Georgetown man discovered
- Newburyport ends parking ban
- Richardson placed on unpaid administrative leave