A military judge has sentenced Army Pfc. Bradley Manning to 35 years in prison for giving a trove of military and diplomatic secrets to the website WikiLeaks.
- Z_CNHI News Service
VIDEO: Leopard attacks crowd in India
A leopard caused panic in the city of Chandrapur when it sprung from the roof of a house and charged at rescue workers.
The top 12 government programs ever
Which federal programs and policies succeed in being cost-effective and targeting those who need them most? These two tests are obvious: After all, why would we spend taxpayers' money on a program that isn't worth what it costs or helps those who do not need help?
'Warlock' in West Virginia accused of sexual assault
Police in West Virginia say a man claiming to be a “warlock” used promises of magical spells to lure children into committing sexual acts with him.
Basketball stars may linger on campus a while longer
The NBA seems serious about raising its minimum age, which could signal the end of the one-and-done era in college basketball.
Cats outsmart the researchers
I knew a lot had been written about dogs, and I assumed there must be at least a handful of studies on cats. But after weeks of scouring the scientific world for someone - anyone - who studied how cats think, all I was left with was this statement, laughed over the phone to me by one of the world's top animal cognition experts, a Hungarian scientist named Ádám Miklósi.
- House Republicans are more active on Twitter than Democrats
- Do your genes make you procrastinate?
- Do White Castle prices tell us anything about the minimum wage?
- VIDEO: Moose charges snowmobile, flees after warning shot
- Can Hillary Clinton rock the cradle and the world?
- Paint, doodle and sketch: 3 apps for art lovers
- Smartphone kill switches are coming
- Why do wolves howl?
- Biggest student loan profits come from grad students
- Pennsylvania won’t take action following Ohio ruling on quakes, fracking
- Warren's populist pitch on student loans is off key
- VIDEO: Boston bomb scare defendant appears in court
- Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold
- Golf turns into snooze-fest without celebrities like Tiger and Phil
- The case for separate beds
- Raw oysters spike U.S. rise in bacterial infections, CDC reports
- To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when
- Doctors to rate cost effectiveness of expensive cancer drugs
- Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses
- VIDEO: Toddler climbs into vending machine
- VIDEO: From infant to teen in four minutes
- Victimized by the 'marriage penalty'
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- Wildcats aren't champs but we're all still watching Calipari
- Tax deduction for a gym membership?
- VIDEO: Leopard attacks crowd in India
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course