- Z_CNHI News Service
Avenger an American value
If you’re someone who appreciates the golden age of domestic sedans — those big, comfortable, heavy-feeling cars with a uniquely American sense of style — this one ought to pique your interest.
VIDEO: Mother, children rescued from van in ocean
Witnesses in Daytona Beach watched as a woman drove her van with three children into the ocean. Their dramatic rescue was captured on video.
Frigid U.S. weather means highest power prices since '08
Freezing temperatures gripping the eastern U.S. will result in the highest electricity prices in six years for consumers in Boston, Dallas and San Francisco.
VIDEO: Will the NFL move the extra point to 42 yards?
The NFL's Competition Committee is reportedly in preliminary talks about spotting the ball at the 25-yard-line for point-after-touchdown attempts, which would make PATs 42 yards, according to NFL.com.
Study says too much protein could lead to early death
Even as researchers warned of the health risks of high-protein diets in middle age, they said eating more protein actually could be a smart move for people over 65.
- Do flu shots cause runny noses?
- VIDEO: New Jersey teen sues parents for tuition
- Winter stifles pollen, but other pests can make allergies worse now
- VIDEO: New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast unveiled
- VIDEO: Museum removes Corvettes from sinkhole
- VIDEO: Apple iPhone to become more car-friendly
- Polar vortex may prove to be a powerful pesticide
- VIDEO: Best moments from the 2014 Oscars
- The glitz, the glamour and the movies: 3 apps for Oscar weekend
- Five things you should know about the Netflix-Comcast deal
- VIDEO: A look inside a Cuban cigar factory
- Obama twists Constitution to cut U.S. military
- VIDEO: NASA discovers 'mother lode' of alien planets
- Actually, that asteroid did not nearly hit Earth
- The only online dating ad you'll ever need
- Red-light cameras click less as towns get Orwell off roads
- Good luck throwing the flag on racial slurs, profanity in football
- Does your insurance plan cover self-inflicted injuries?
- Data breach hits Target's profits, but that's only the tip of the iceberg
- Family of Okla. man who died after police altercation releases video
- Six reasons childhood obesity has fallen so much
- Russia's post-Olympics crackdown
- VIDEO: California couple strikes gold
- You can examine your doctor's record, but don't expect to learn everything
- Ralph Nader's list of 20 people he thinks should consider a run for president
- Avenger an American value
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course