- Z_CNHI News Service
Obama's equal pay exaggeration leads us all into danger
The president's claims of national shame over gender-based pay inequity spring from distorted calculations, as well as some convenient political math.
Big win for college coach wrongly accused of child porn
The ex-coach of Minnesota State University-Mankato - cleared on child porn charges - gets his old job back or could take the difference in pay should he decide to stay in a new position in North Dakota, an arbitrator has ruled. Todd Hoffner was accused when a technician found videos of his young children on his school-issued cellphone. Officials in Mankato fired him even though a judge had thrown out the charges.
Teens trading naked selfies for mugshots
Will teenagers ever learn? You think yours will. Maybe so. But it's likely that was also the hope of the parents of children who were so shamed by nude photos of themselves that went south - how else can they go - that they killed themselves.
Boston doctors can now prescribe you a bike
The City of Boston this week is rolling out a new program that's whimsically known as "Prescribe-a-Bike." Part medicine, part welfare, the initiative allows doctors at Boston Medical Center to write "prescriptions" for low-income patients to get yearlong memberships to Hubway, the city's bike-share system, for only $5.
Too much of a good thing at UConn?
The Connecticut Huskies dominate women's college basketball - which makes for a boring game.
- Day care's cost can exceed college tuition in some states
- VIDEO: CBS taps Colbert as Letterman’s Late Show successor
- VIDEO: Cement truck crashes into minivan
- Brakes, steering and...spiders? What's behind the latest auto recalls
- Spartans mourn passing of 'Princess Lacey'
- VIDEO: Nebraska prom mishap goes viral
- Is a paleo vegetarian diet possible?
- 10 tips for surviving a severe allergy season
- Revolutionary War flag could fetch millions at auction
- 'Heartbleed' flaw leads security experts to urge password changes
- Taking someone out to the ballgame gets expensive
- VIDEO: Aaron's historic homer
- Fast, cheap test can help save lives of many babies
- To get quality care, it helps to be the right kind of patient
- Elite SEAL Team Six seeks $11 million for a new fitness center
- Are Americans smart to stop drinking diet sodas?
- Travelers fly on Air Twitter
- VIDEO: Amazing dance moves at NCAA title game
- VIDEO: White House may ban selfies
- At many leading schools, football fails to make cut
- A man with amnesia taught us how memories become personal
- Why Starbucks won't recycle your paper coffee cup
- 3 apps to make your flight easier
- Don't blame voters for low turnout
- Sex, movies and the desperate attempt to shock audiences
- Obama's equal pay exaggeration leads us all into danger
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course