Google-owned Niantic Labs is releasing a new app Wednesday called "Field Trip" for the 10,000 people currently testing a spectacle-like device that alerts users to nearby attractions.
- Community News Network
Five myths about the future of Obamacare
Both liberals and conservatives believe they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with the Affordable Care Act.
VIDEO: Mega Millions $636 million jackpot spurs charitable thoughts
The prospect of a $636 million jackpot for personal use may be alluring, but charity is also on the minds of people purchasing Mega Millions tickets before Tuesday night's big drawing. Samara Sodos talked to some people who were more interested in giving than receiving.
AAA expects U.S. holiday travel to reach record high
U.S. travel during the Christmas and New Year's holidays will rise for a fifth straight year to reach a record, boosted by more automobile trips, AAA said.
VIDEO: Busy season at the post office
The post office faces the year's busiest days as it delivers billions of pieces of mail and millions of packages during the holiday season. Monday was expected to be the busiest mail day. It's expected to handle the most packages on Thursday.
College men accused of sexual assault say their rights violated
Female students nationwide have filed federal complaints that claim campus sexual-assault investigators lack training, fail to adequately probe incidents and treat the attackers with too much leniency.
- Antibacterial soaps must prove safety to stay on shelves
- Free at last from the clutches of Toys `R' Us
- Gun deaths not easily tracked or tallied
- VIDEO: Child of deaf parents shows the world how sign language is done
- VIDEO: Anonymous donor ensures Worcester Catholic School will remain open
- Racism linked to infant mortality, learning disabilities
- VIDEO: College basketball player hit by police officer while crossing street
- Viral video: Auburn fan's Christmas light show features Iron Bowl radio call
- Judges deny chimpanzees 'personhood'
- Harvard study finds diet changes gut bacteria within a day
- Personal genetic tests face sharper scrutiny after 23andMe
- Minnesota college student survives night on porch in subzero temperatures
- Santa's wish: Marry me
- Twitter reacts to Time's Person of the Year
- VIDEO: Interpreter at Mandela memorial called a 'fake'
- Rape victim plans lawsuit against Facebook
- Can Putin re-create Fox News in Russia?
- Old-fashioned trimming for tree isn't as green as you might think
- VIDEO: DOT camera captures massive pileup
- Crocodiles and alligators may be smarter than they look
- VIDEO: Obama urges world to act on Mandela's legacy
- All I want for Christmas is a new Christmas song
- Human trafficking battled by text message
- Should Detroit sell its priceless art to pay the bills?
- Cargazing: Ford Fiesta ST is fast, fun, affordable
- Five myths about the future of Obamacare
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course