The letter from a young girl washed up in debris from Hurricane Sandy.
- Community News Network
VIDEO: Boston bomb scare defendant appears in court
The man accused of carrying a backpack containing a rice cooker near the Boston Marathon finish line on the anniversary of the bombings was arraigned Wednesday. He's being held on $100,000 bail.
Consumer spending on health care jumps as Affordable Care Act takes hold
Nancy Beigel has known since September that she would need hernia surgery. She couldn't afford it on her $11,000 yearly income until she became eligible for Medicaid in January through President Barack Obama's signature health care law.
The case for separate beds
The other night I slept on a twin bed in the guest room of the house I share with my husband and our two kids.
It was the best night's sleep I've had in years.
Raw oysters spike U.S. rise in bacterial infections, CDC reports
Raw oysters, so good with hot sauce, increasingly can carry something even more unsettling to the stomach: A bacteria linked to vomiting, diarrhea and pain.
To sleep well, you may need to adjust what you eat and when
Sleep. Oh, to sleep. A good night's sleep is often a struggle for more than half of American adults. And for occasional insomnia, there are good reasons to avoid using medications, whether over-the-counter or prescription.
- Doctors to rate cost effectiveness of expensive cancer drugs
- Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses
- VIDEO: Toddler climbs into vending machine
- VIDEO: From infant to teen in four minutes
- Victimized by the 'marriage penalty'
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- Tax deduction for a gym membership?
- VIDEO: A year after marathon bombing, Boston remains strong
- Google acquires drone maker Titan Aerospace to spread Internet
- E-Cigarettes target youth with festivals, lawmakers say
- Search teams will send unmanned sub to look for missing Malaysian airliner
- Why Facebook is getting into the banking game
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps
- Stepping forward: The real Colbert
- Millions of Android phones, tablets vulnerable to Heartbleed bug
- VIDEO: Northern California bus crash kills 10
- Teens trading naked selfies for mugshots
- Boston doctors can now prescribe you a bike
- Day care's cost can exceed college tuition in some states
- VIDEO: CBS taps Colbert as Letterman’s Late Show successor
- VIDEO: Cement truck crashes into minivan
- Brakes, steering and...spiders? What's behind the latest auto recalls
- Spartans mourn passing of 'Princess Lacey'
- VIDEO: Nebraska prom mishap goes viral
- Is a paleo vegetarian diet possible?
- VIDEO: Boston bomb scare defendant appears in court
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course