- Community News Network
The glitz, the glamour and the movies: 3 apps for Oscar weekend
With the Oscars approaching, this is a weekend for movies. Download these apps, then watch a few movies, create your own and settle in for the awards show.
Five things you should know about the Netflix-Comcast deal
Now Comcast and Netflix have announced that they will directly interconnect their networks, rather than having Netflix traffic flow first through a third-party network. With this, another layer of Internet architecture - interconnection and peering - is under the microscope.
VIDEO: A look inside a Cuban cigar factory
Cuban cigar sales have increased by eight percent in 2013, reaching $447 million, with strongest market gains in China.
VIDEO: NASA discovers 'mother lode' of alien planets
NASA is announcing that by using the Kepler Space Telescope scientists have almost doubled the number of known exoplanets, including four in the habitable zone, which means the planets have mild enough temperatures to support life.
Actually, that asteroid did not nearly hit Earth
The Internet lit up with reports last week that a big rock was on a path to nearly strike the Earth on Monday night, Feb. 17. This was not true. But it made for a grabby headline. As in: "An Asteroid Will Almost Hit the Earth Tonight" (from Motherboard).
- The only online dating ad you'll ever need
- Red-light cameras click less as towns get Orwell off roads
- Does your insurance plan cover self-inflicted injuries?
- Data breach hits Target's profits, but that's only the tip of the iceberg
- Family of Okla. man who died after police altercation releases video
- Six reasons childhood obesity has fallen so much
- Russia's post-Olympics crackdown
- VIDEO: California couple strikes gold
- You can examine your doctor's record, but don't expect to learn everything
- Ralph Nader's list of 20 people he thinks should consider a run for president
- NFL is right to ban N-word, other slurs, from the playing field
- Dwindling Midwest high school grads spur college hunt
- Taco Bell to take on McDonald's breakfast with eggs in waffles
- 10 countries where homosexuality may be punishable by death
- VIDEO: Bird smashes through airplane's windshield
- VIDEO: Remembering Harold Ramis
- Roughly 200 animals, dead and alive, hoarded at Iowa home
- VIDEO: Figure skating's scoring system stirs debate
- In minimum wage debate, Wal-Mart poised for a Ford moment
- VIDEO: Bay Area Girl Scout sells cookies outside marijuana dispensary
- Get ready for spring with these 3 apps for gardening
- VIDEO: Canada women beat USA for hockey gold
- Sex isn't the political killer it used to be
- Is the NFL ready for Michael Sam?
- Why binge-watching old shows is more fun than binge-watching new ones
- The glitz, the glamour and the movies: 3 apps for Oscar weekend
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course