- Community News Network
RECIPE: Tacos that break with tradition
In Mexico City, some of my favorite tacos, even before I was vegetarian, were those stuffed with cactus paddles, mushrooms or squash blossoms. But at restaurants closer to home, what passes for vegetables often leaves much to be desired.
Cyber Monday deals await online bargain hunters
If you spent Black Friday in a turkey coma, it's not too late to snatch up money-saving deals during Cyber Monday.
The strangest non-emergency 911 calls
From missing chicken nuggets to problems with math, there are some strange reasons people call 911. Here's a list of the most bizarre.
VIDEO: Grinch not only 'rotter' at Christmas time
Christmas tree farmers fighting root rot may have found a hardy substitute. The Turkish fir is similar to Fraser fir and hails from the birthplace of Old Saint Nick himself.
Happy 100th to the crossword puzzle
On a snowy evening in the early 1900s, a newspaper editor at the New York World was hunched over his desk trying to think of something special for the Christmas issue. He drew a diamond-shaped grid with numbered squares and numbered clues, creating the first crossword puzzle.
- 12 annoying songs of Christmas
- 6 creative ways to use your Thanksgiving leftovers
- 5 myths about health care's 'young invincibles'
- Black Friday: The best tech deals to look for
- Old-school toys dominate holiday lists
- Turkeys are funny-looking and tasty, but can they fly?
- Apple pie has no place at Thanksgiving
- When Black Friday madness takes a tragic turn
- VIDEO: How to spice rub a Thanksgiving turkey
- VIDEO: How to carve a Thanksgiving turkey
- VIDEO: Scary snowman prank strikes fear in shoppers
- VIDEO: Controversy and helium, a look at the Macy's parade
- Overlap with Thanksgiving prompts second look at Hanukkah
- VIDEO: Holiday travelers contend with wind, rain, snow
- Man loses banana peel injury case, faces criminal charges
- Autistic people may have a tangling of the senses
- VIDEO: Obama confronts heckler during immigration speech
- VIDEO: Families struggle for Thanksgiving food following gov't cuts
- VIDEO: Big storm threatens Thanksgiving travel
- VIDEO: Students rally around boy, 6, to stop teasing
- VIDEO: Photographers fight following Broncos-Patriots
- FCC chief shares pain of own proposal to allow calls on planes
- Twitter reacts to the American Music Awards
- VIDEO: Hundreds of rape kits lost or never processed
- As mobile gadgets become bigger, some companies abandon websites altogether
- RECIPE: Tacos that break with tradition
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course