- Community News Network
VIDEO: Big storm threatens Thanksgiving travel
A major storm forced more than 300 flights to be cancelled in Dallas-Fort Worth on Sunday. It is also blamed for hundreds of traffic accidents. The storm is bringing snow, sleet and ice across the US ahead of the Thanksgiving weekend.
VIDEO: Dallas pauses to remember JFK, 50 years later
Thousands gathered for a moment of silence Friday in Dallas's Dealey Plaza, the same spot where President John F. Kennedy was assassinated 50 years ago.
How to survive cooking for a large group at Thanksgiving
This Turkey Day, leave the stress behind with some helpful tips and resources for pulling off dinner for a crowd.
A short course on the history of Thanksgiving foods
Ask the people around the table on Thursday about the history of Thanksgiving, and most will say something about the Pilgrims.
Affidavit describes chilling rape, murder of teacher
Frightening details of the rape and slaying of a popular high school teacher were made public Friday upon release of a search warrant affidavit in the puzzling case. A 14-year-old student in the teacher's math class has been charged with her murder.
- Live blog: A historically-accurate reenactment of JFK's assassination
- VIDEO: Holiday travel costs down this year
- Interactive map: The assassination of President John F. Kennedy
- Detective remembers Kennedy's assassin as unnaturally calm
- JFK assassination: Some enduring conspiracy theories
- Aspiring rapper arrested in connection with burned, dismembered body
- VIDEO: National Geographic photo of the year candidates are breathtaking
- Parents make son wear sign identifying him as a bully
- VIDEO: Hydrogen cars make big noise at L.A. auto show
- Consumers' outlook improves after two-year low
- VIDEO: Cargo jet lands at wrong Kansas airport
- Mars in 2017? Billionaire reveals plans for manned mission
- VIDEO: Couple gets married inside Nevada airport
- Why are shoplifters flocking to this one Wal-Mart?
- VIDEO: 400-pound high school running back runs over opponents
- Health-care website not alone among government tech debacles
- Should we lower the age of consent to protect teen?
- You won't see it again, so make it a Thanksgivukkah to remember
- VIDEO: Photos of napping buddies go viral
- New study sheds light on 'meat mummies' in ancient tombs
- After Bieber's visit, fight over graffiti in Colombia
- VIDEO: Princeton considers new meningitis vaccine
- What's the weird new social-media trend? Being nice
- Gun in pants pocket fires in Walmart; owner keeps shopping
- Video games aren't bad for kids?
- VIDEO: Big storm threatens Thanksgiving travel
Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course
HOUSTON (AP) — An area near the 11th hole at a Houston golf course provided a smooth landing spot after a small plane ran out of fuel and glided on to the grass.
The Cessna 170 was expected to be moved from Hermann Park on Tuesday. The unplanned landing of the single-engine plane happened Monday night on a flight from Lafayette, La.
- Maine ice shack transformed into 'Shangri-La'
- PETA proposes robotic groundhog for Pa. festival
- Judge: Dance parties a no-no at Jefferson Memorial
- Video: Man playing with chicken on NYC subway
- Plane through: Cessna lands on Houston golf course