Thanks to the efforts of a Newburyport woman, the governor has declared May as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Month in Massachusetts. Diana Cleaveland, who was diagnosed in 2010 after years of wondering what was wrong, has made it her mission to raise awaren
Health and Well-Being: What you need to know about headaches
Headaches cause a lot of pain and inconvenience for large numbers of people. They are one of the most frequent complaints that bring individuals to health professionals for help. Dr. Donald Bakal, a psychologist and the director of headache research
Paw Prints: Spring is prime time for disease
Spring has sprung, and it seems every creature and critter is more active. Birds are tweeting, bugs are hungry and wildlife is checking out your yard. Fido may hear the coyote choir at night, but it doesn't intimidate him. If Fluffy goes outside, he'
Health Beat: Spin on the waterfront for a good cause
Take a spinning class and help out the Jimmy Fund at the Waterfront Spin-a-thon in Newburyport on Saturday, June 1. Hosted by Team Paul & Eve, the event will feature six classes, 25 bikes and a live disc jockey from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Pan-Mass Chal
Cabot Street Cinema in Beverly for sale
BEVERLY -- Cabot Street Cinema, the theater that has provided an elegant home for vaudeville, movies and magic shows for nearly a century, is for sale. The sale was announced Wednesday by a Boston real estate company that has been hired to market the
- May 16, 2013
- 'A perfect match'
- Island flavor
- The Lookout: Student artists show off their work
- Farm fun on tap at North Andover's Sheep Shearing Festival
- 'Star Trek': The final frontier? Not a chance
- May 15, 2013
- Crash course in cuisine
- Full-fat cheese the secret to this healthy quesadilla
- Pasta carbonara remade as a delicious summer salad
- Getting your forsythia bush under control
- Key to a great burger? Less is more!
- May 10, 2013
- 'Gatsby' opens with great fanfare
- Health Beat: Reaching out to help marathon victims
- It's time for TV season finales
- May 9, 2013
- Unlocking 'Secret Garden'
- Ipswich photographer's book features her mom's poetry
- Raising awareness