Brothers Derek, left, and Bradley Chase meet up for a short break on the way to Meadowbrook Islands in Amesbury.
The top of Amesbury
A couple of weeks ago, my family and I had the pleasure of celebrating our friend Margaret Nally on her 90th birthday. Together, along with her nephew Jay, we enjoyed a quiet evening of dinner and cake, and chatting of her remarkable life. She share
Boomer Talk: What's the matter with aging?
Getting or looking or feeling older is of concern, especially as we advance into the Boomer and Beyond years. Because we live in a culture that reveres youth and beauty and often marginalizes their elder population, we may consider growing old as som
Finding life in a fishing town
Frederick Dillen, an odd-job itinerant novelist, will have a homecoming when he returns to launch his latest book, set in a town that local readers will recognize as Gloucester. The heroine is a "corporate undertaker" who comes from New York to shut
Health Beat: Registration open for triathlon designed for all abilities
The YWCA Greater Newburyport is teaming up with Tough Warrior Princesses to host a triathlon on Sunday, March 23. The race, which is for everyone from the first-time athlete to the seasoned competitor, includes a 10-minute lap swim in the indoor pool
Packing in the performances
If variety is the spice of life, then next Thursday's show at the Firehouse Center for the Arts in Newburyport is shaping up to be extra-spicy. Actor, singer, parodist and impersonator John Budzyna has assembled a number of other local performers to
- Sharing 'A Journey ...'
- The Lookout: Bird photographer to share ‘Epic Adventures’
- Reading obituaries may comfort a lonely heart
- Best of the best, youth edition
- March 5, 2014
- Girl who loves troubled boy can't save him all by herself
- The Daily Parent: Reading 'Captain Underpants'
- Tim's Tips: Melting snow likely to reveal damaged plants
- Eggplant rolls a lighter take on a classic
- Get St. Patrick's Day spirit with 'green' potatoes
- A mandoline helps pair potatoes with baked haddock
- Playing with tradition
- March 4, 2014
- Dear Abby: Pregnant mom wants another princess, not a little frog
- February 28, 2014
- Bundled with love
- A terrifying wake-up call
- The top of Amesbury