- April 12, 2013
Paw Prints: Protect against canine distemper
If you live with a dog or cat, you've probably heard of distemper. It's a cause for myths and beliefs, facts and fiction, tales and tails that prevail in the pet-owning world. What you may not know is that there is currently a canine distemper outbre
Health Beat: Blood drive Monday
The American Red Cross will hold a community blood drive on Monday in Newburyport. All eligible and new blood donors are encouraged to give blood. The drive will run from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 25 Low St., Newburyport. Also, a drive will be
- April 11, 2013
From Port to Paris
How do you take a trip to Paris without leaving Newburyport? Attend the Firehouse Center for the Arts' annual auction on April 20. For this year's celebration, which helps to raise crucial funds to operate and maintain the historic theater in the he
Testing the waters
It has been 15 years since Scottish-American fiddler Hanneke Cassel came to Newburyport to play in a duo at Yankee Homecoming. On Saturday night, she will be making her return, this time as a headliner. "I'm excited," Cassel says of coming back to th
'Everybody has a story'
As a child, Amy Goldfarb was constantly amused by endless stories and jokes told by her father, a natural storyteller who loved to entertain others and share his tales. "Telling stories is just what you did," said Goldfarb, who spent her childhood in
- Lookout: Quartet For-Te celebrates spring
- April 10, 2013
- Find compromise with a seared bison carpaccio
- Slow cooker lamb without the machine
- Tim's Tips: Choose soil carefully for garden beds
- April 6, 2013
- We can accomplish much with a little encouragement
- Church Notes
- April 5, 2013
- Adjusting to a 'new normal'
- Boomer Talk: The Dating Game
- Health Beat: Arc hosts social training workshop
- Merrimack Rep season lineup for 2013-14
- DYNAMO digital DINOS!
- April 4, 2013
- Rubbish trove
- 'Books in Bloom' benefit library, Horticultural Society
- Lookout: Radio Players return to WWII Wed.