Mayor signs historic protection laws
NEWBURYPORT -- Mayor Donna Holaday yesterday signed a measure unanimously passed by the City Council Tuesday night calling for new zoning amendments relating to historic preservation in the downtown and demolition of old buildings in much of the cityContinued ...
Police, school officials fill list of highest-paid employees
NEWBURYPORT -- Police Marshal Thomas Howard was the highest paid city employee in calendar year 2013 with a total package of $166,720, according to municipal records. City officials released the salaries of city employees, which are public record, atContinued ...
Fire station project delayed
AMESBURY --The completion of the School Street fire station upgrades will have to wait another week or more as National Grid finishes their own upgrades to the building. "A lot of progress has been made on this service upgrade, but there still are aContinued ...
Proposed solar project ignites criticism
NEWBURY -- A proposed solar project on Pikul Farm will require a closer review for possible environmental impacts, the Conservation Commission determined this week. At a public hearing on Tuesday, the board unanimously approved a positive determinatiContinued ...
As revenues increase, balanced budget will go to Town Meeting
SALISBURY -- The frigid, snowy winter, as well as overages related to veterans benefits and police overtime, are presenting challenges to this year's operating budget. But with revenues picking up, town officials will have a balanced budget for nextContinued ...
- Kelley School SALE eyed
- NH officials seek Seabrook fire victim's relatives
- Amesbury middle school notes success with 'manly' chorus
- Police officer investigated, placed on leave
- 26.2 miles of disease-ending desire
- Board questions Whittier's school choice policy
- police logs
- Jones, Godard, Cronenberg in competition at Cannes
- Agreement requires Coakley to pay charities $18K
- Local roundup
- Cape Ann League Standings
- Tuition to drop at state community colleges
- Voters asked to change town clerk position
- Fitness and more at the Amesbury COA
- Mayor signs historic protection laws