NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

Local News

December 13, 2013

No Headline Provided

On this day in 1802, road improvements were made from the foot of North Street (now Oakland) to the foot of Poore’s Lane (now Woodland Street). A wider and more convenient road, from the foot of Poore’s Lane to the foot of Pilsbury’s Lane (now Ashland Street), was extended to the Essex-Merrimack bridge.

— Information provided by the Historical Society ofOld Newbury

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints

Port Pics
AP Video
Special Features