NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

December 13, 2013

No Headline Provided


Newburyport Daily News

---- — On this day in 1802, road improvements were made from the foot of North Street (now Oakland) to the foot of Poore’s Lane (now Woodland Street). A wider and more convenient road, from the foot of Poore’s Lane to the foot of Pilsbury’s Lane (now Ashland Street), was extended to the Essex-Merrimack bridge.

— Information provided by the Historical Society ofOld Newbury