NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

Local News

May 28, 2013

This day in history

On this day in 1906, The Newburyport Homeopathic Hospital was opened for the use and care of persons suffering from injury or disease. It occupied the estate of the late Captain Charles Lunt on High Street opposite Woodland Street. The magnificent granite wall built for the estate at the corner of Rawson and High remains today.

—Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints

Port Pics
AP Video
US Ready to Slap New Sanctions on Russia Kerry: Not Worried About Israeli Criticism Boater Rescued From Edge of Kentucky Dam Girl Struck by Plane on Florida Beach Dies Rodents Rampant in Gardens Around Louvre House to Vote on Slimmed-down Bill for Border Looming Demand Could Undercut Flight Safety Raw: 2 Shells Hit Fuel Tank at Gaza Power Plant Raw: Massive Explosions From Airstrikes in Gaza Giant Ketchup Bottle Water Tower Up for Sale Easier Nuclear Construction Promises Fall Short Kerry: Humanitarian Cease-fire Efforts Continue Raw: Corruption Trial Begins for Former Va Gov. The Carbon Trap: US Exports Global Warming Traditional African Dishes Teach Healthy Eating
Special Features