NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

May 28, 2013

This day in history


Newburyport Daily News

---- — On this day in 1906, The Newburyport Homeopathic Hospital was opened for the use and care of persons suffering from injury or disease. It occupied the estate of the late Captain Charles Lunt on High Street opposite Woodland Street. The magnificent granite wall built for the estate at the corner of Rawson and High remains today.

—Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury