NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

Local News

April 25, 2012

This Day in History

On this day in 1655, the town of Newbury granted to Capt. Paul White a parcel of land not exceeding half an acre to make a dock, a wharf and a warehouse. The site was near where the Firehouse Center for the Arts stands today.

Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints

Port Pics
AP Video
Special Features