Newbury: People ignore signs on Plum Island to check out the high surf caused by the leading edge of Hurricane Sandy on Sunday. A voluntary evacuation order has been issued for island residents. Jim Vaiknoras/staff photo
Port police crack case of homecooked cocaine lab
NEWBURYPORT -- Police yesterday morning returned to the Christopher Street house they raided six months ago and arrested a man they believe operated a clandestine cocaine drug lab out of his home. Charged with misdemeanor cocaine possession and a felContinued ...
'It makes us very proud'
It's a case of one National Historic Landmark helping the other. A whaleboat built at Lowell's Boat Shop will soon be detaching from the whaleship Charles W. Morgan to visit the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary at the mouth of MassachusettsContinued ...
PI hydrant replacement to start July 14
NEWBURYPORT -- The cavalry is coming to Plum Island, but whether the troops get any water to drink upon arrival depends where they dismount. City officials say that the long-planned assessment and repair of island water-delivery facilities begins MonContinued ...
Neighbor opposition delays hearing on Back Bay development
NEWBURYPORT -- Sizable opposition from neighbors and confusion surrounding legality issues led the Zoning Board of Appeals to continue a public hearing Tuesday on a proposal to develop 12 residential units on Route 1. BC Realty Trust, through the locContinued ...
Suspect in two-state chase held on bail
NEWBURYPORT -- Nicholas F. Cammann, the 32-year-old Aquinnah man accused of leading police in two states on a high-speed pursuit on Interstate 95 Tuesday morning, is being held on $25,000 cash bail after his arraignment yesterday at Newburyport DistrContinued ...
- Meeting on Inn Street vandalism set for today
- Mystery fire destroys beloved farmhouse
- Newburyport District Court
- Rowley historical house to host speakers in August
- Faculty honored for service at NSCC
- Newbury People in the News
- House speaker denies 'votes for jobs' allegations
- This Day in History
- Philip Chism indicted in attack on DYS worker
- Police Logs
- ZBA approves demolition of Collins St. house
- Salisbury reviews lawsuits vs. town
- June 19, 2014
- Review: Value in Amazon Prime goes beyond shipping
- Newburyport News in Brief
- July 9, 2014
- Historic group fights city over 'wrongful' demolition
- Port police crack case of homecooked cocaine lab