AMESBURY — A Main Street family is back in their home today after a smoldering fire threatened to destroy their Point Shore house yesterday morning.
Amesbury fire Chief Jonathan Brickett said it appears timber encased in a concrete firebox ignited yesterday around 7:30 a.m., causing smoke to envelop the area. The homeowners, who were inside at the time, called authorities, who quickly extinguished the fire.
The smoldering fire was contained to the exterior of the house and was small enough that only on-duty personnel were needed, Brickett added.
“It’s just one of those freak things,” Brickett said.