Newburyport Daily News
---- — On this day in 1861, North Congregational meeting house at the corner of Titcomb and Pleasant streets was destroyed by fire during a violent snowstorm. The meeting house along with the adjoining chapel were destroyed. The congregation began construction without delay and was able to completely rebuild, dedicating a new church seven months later on Oct. 23.
— Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury