A cherry picker, back, shows the height of one of the buildings proposed to be built by the NRA on the waterfront, as NRA Chairman Tom Salemi answers questions at an informational meeting Saturday morning.
Plastic bag ban proposed
NEWBURYPORT -- City councilors are expected to take up a measure at their Monday meeting calling for a ban on thin plastic bags traditionally used on checkout lines of merchants. The initiative is being driven by a local group called Citizens for SusContinued ...
Father of murdered teen speaks of loss, troubles facing young men
BYFIELD -- It's hard to imagine a pain worse than a parent losing a child. For Malcolm Astley, that loss is exacerbated by how he lost his 18-year-old daughter, Lauren. She was strangled and slashed to death by an enraged ex-boyfriend in July 2011. AContinued ...
Charges dismissed in 'upskirting' case
HAVERHILL -- Due to last week's decision by the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts that taking photos under the skirts of women wasn't a crime, charges against a Newburyport native who allegedly took photographs under a young girl's skirt at a lContinued ...
Incumbents take selectmen's race in Seabrook
SEABROOK -- Selectmen Aboul Khan and Ray Smith will retain their seats on the Board of Selectmen, with an approved budget to work with, and voters also gave the 250-year old Old South Meetinghouse an early birthday present by agreeing to pay for a faContinued ...
State claims against Reams are many
The state wants suspended Rockingham County Attorney James Reams out of office, now and forever.Continued ...
- Institution for Savings reports record-setting year
- House OKs bill to allow earlier Sunday retail alcohol sales
- Legislators recognized by nuclear watchdog group
- 'Grease' is the word at Pentucket this weekend
- Rabies, microchip clinic to be held on March 22
- This Day in History
- Newburyport District Court
- Presentation on Celia Thaxter at Whittier Home
- March 11, 2014
- Gray unveils economic plan
- Costs pile up to cover debarred officers' shifts
- Hospital reports 'banner year' for finances, achievements
- W. Newbury man charged with scamming tenants
- Seabrook voters head to polls today
- Second annual Salisbury Art Stroll seeking participants
- Programs at G.A.R. Memorial Library
- Plastic bag ban proposed