How is your neighborhood handling the blizzard? Let us know. The Daily News is looking for your storm photos. Send your shots to email@example.com, and we may use them in an online slide show or in the newspaper. Be sure to include your name, hometown and the names of the people in the photo. Good luck and stay safe!
Beach funds eyed for region
NEWBURYPORT -- Efforts to secure funds in a pending state environmental bond bill for local seaside communities increased this week, with a regional board calling for supplemental funding and state Sen. Kathleen O'Connor Ives, D-Newburyport, pushingContinued ...
Local beaches ace 'clean' test
SALISBURY BEACH -- Swimmers and bathers along the local coast can rest assured: they are enjoying some of the cleanest waters in the state, according to a new study by the National Resources Defense Council. Nationwide, NRDC collected the results ofContinued ...
Great Marsh sparrows a harbinger for things to come
NEWBURY --The tide nuzzles her nest. She shifts on her eggs but does not leave - the tide will not rise much more today. She peers through the woven fingers of marsh grass, the moon is filling. As it does it will pull with the sun on the rope of theContinued ...
Highway sign plan fuels criticism of Salisbury businessman
SALISBURY -- Controversy continues to swirl around the Zoning Board of Appeals approval of an 89-foot-tall electronic billboard next to Interstate 95. When the vote was taken last month, it immediately drew some criticism because two board members whContinued ...
Mercy, not sacrifice!
Holy Scripture -- the Bible -- the Word of God -- if you're Jewish, you say the Torah, Prophets and Writings -- are central to life in the Spirit. But there's a lot of material in the Bible, so there's plenty of choice. Various synagogues and churcheContinued ...
- Emotions, allegations mark wrap-up of probation scandal trial
- Gordon College policy on gays sparks accrediting review
- This Day in Newburyport History
- Church directory
- Programs at Parker River National Wildlife Refuge
- For Obama, Cape Cod getaway can't come soon enough
- Church notes
- Newburyport Birders programs
- Enjoy birds on your next whale watch
- Programs at Mass Audubon's Joppa Flats
- July 11, 2014
- Fashion center moves ahead
- June 19, 2014
- Review: Value in Amazon Prime goes beyond shipping
- Tierney challenge pivots on core Democrats, Independents
- Business owners voice concerns on vandalism, skateboarding
- Beach funds eyed for region