Newburyport Daily News
---- — On this day in 1852, Whitefield Congregational Church on State Street in Newburyport was dedicated. Its pastor was the Rev. J. H. Reid. The neoclassical structure was torn down in the 1950s to make room for a supermarket. The spot is now home to the Institution for Savings’ commercial lending branch.
— Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury