NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA

March 4, 2013

This Day in History


Newburyport Daily News

---- — On this day in 1826, James Prince, John Wood and Stephen Frothingham received permission to build a second Chain Bridge over the Merrimack River. This bridge spanned from Newburyport to Salisbury and was located approximately where the Gillis Bridge crosses into Salisbury today.

— Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury