Storey Ave. plans filed
NEWBURYPORT -- Developers have filed preliminary plans with city officials to create a pharmacy, service station and convenience store at the corner of Storey Avenue and Low Street, and the city stands to receive 19 acres of open space if it is approContinued ...
Library funding causes discord
AMESBURY -- A public letter to Mayor Ken Gray from the Amesbury Library Board of Trustees calling for him to fund "a level-services" budget in order to prevent severe cuts has drawn a heated response from Gray, who said their claims can't be "furtherContinued ...
Gang leader stays behind bars
SALISBURY -- Paris Cormier, aka P. Dawt, known by police as the leader of a wannabe Salisbury gang, remains behind bars after a Newburyport District Court judge Friday considered him too dangerous to be afforded bail following his arrest earlier thisContinued ...
Man arrested after three-hour foot chase
ROWLEY -- A three-hour foot chase involving local and state police through woods near the Georgetown border early yesterday morning has landed a Peabody man in jail on a domestic assault and battery charge and other offenses. Michael V. Vinagro, 34,Continued ...
Bids for new library to be opened tomorrow
SALISBURY -- Furniture and boxes are moving out of the library en route to their temporary homes, as the town prepares to build its new and much larger library. According to library director Terry Kyrios, the current schedule has the contents of theContinued ...
- Selectmen approve new regulations for pawnshops
- Drama Club prepares to stage 'Chicago'
- Newbury News in brief
- Indictment: Prosecutor targeted in kidnapping plot
- police logs
- Man gets 5 years for selling child porn online
- One-time 'Warrior Brother' facing new charges
- Groveland library holds book sale, open house
- Pentucket middle school honor roll
- Wife refuses to testify against husband
- Two compete for Pentucket School Committee in Merrimac
- Committees to discuss master plan this week
- This Day in History
- After ban overturned, Patrick seeks to limit powerful painkiller
- District court
- Storey Ave. plans filed