Residents protest dollar store
MERRIMAC -- More than 150 residents gathered at the Senior Center Tuesday to protest the construction of a Dollar General discount retail store now in the final permitting process with the Planning Board. The store is set be built on the corner of EContinued ...
It's been 150 years since the greatest battle ever fought on American soil, and Memorial Day in Newburyport and Amesbury will pay special tribute to local soldiers who witnessed it firsthand. The Civil War's battle of Gettysburg, fought at the PennsyContinued ...
Murray to quit, join business group
BOSTON (AP) -- Lt. Gov. Timothy Murray announced yesterday that he would step down from his elected post to accept a job as head of the Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce, saying his departure from state government did not stem from controversieContinued ...
Memorial Day services in greater Newburyport
The following is a list of Memorial Day activities planned for Monday: NEWBURYPORT The city will commemorate Memorial Day with a parade and a memorial service to be held in front of City Hall. At 10:15 a.m., parade participants will assemble at the CContinued ...
DiDonato earns Silver Key Award from Salem State
SALEM - Victoria DiDonato, of Salisbury, is the recipient of a 2013 Silver Key Award given in recognition of an individual who, in their senior year at Salem State University, earns an academic grade point average of above 3.0 with proven involvemenContinued ...
- Boys and Girls Club earns 2 national excellence awards
- Three locals earn degrees from St. Michael's
- Fundraiser to help horses injured in tornado
- Alert librarian averts DVD thefts
- Francona expects emotional return to Fenway Park
- Merrimac firefighter recognized for commitment to education
- West Newbury selectmen bicker over firefighting discussion
- Police Logs
- COW group wants more study of boardwalk repairs
- Okla. medical examiner identifies tornado victims
- District Court
- Local students graduate from Bridgewater State
- This Day in History
- State, town meet on rebuilding PI home
- Local producer, museum win award
- Residents protest dollar store