Historic group fights city over 'wrongful' demolition
NEWBURYPORT -- The Newburyport Preservation Trust has filed an appeal with the city's Zoning Board of Appeals calling for building commissioner Gary Calderwood to "properly enforce the city's protections against historical-building demolitions" relatContinued ...
Amesbury antique car show set for July 19
Mayor Ken Gray is looking forward to an impressive armada of antique and classic cars that is headed into the Carriagetown for the second time this summer as he and the North Shore Old Car Club host the first annual Cars and Carriages car show on SatContinued ...
Suspect leads police on car, foot chase
NEWBURY -- A high-speed car chase that began yesterday morning along Route 101 in New Hampshire ended with the arrest of an Aquinnah man after he led Massachusetts State Police on a brief foot chase through Colby Farm off Interstate 95. Nicholas F.Continued ...
POLICE: man was five times DWI limit
NEWBURYPORT -- A Beverly man who, according to police, was five times the legal alcohol limit when he was arrested Monday mid-morning and was so drunk he thought he was driving in Marblehead at night, skipped his arraignment yesterday, prompting a waContinued ...
State Senate debates parole bill for juvenile murderers
BOSTON -- When Richard Baldwin, Jamie Fuller and other juvenile murderers were convicted of their crimes, their victims' loved ones may have had some comfort in their sentences: life in prison without the possibility of parole. The state Supreme JudiContinued ...
- Newburyport News in Brief
- Council on Aging plans summer trips
- Police Logs
- NYPD arrests mother of baby left in subway station
- Seabrook police capture 'fugitive of the week'
- Amesbury news in brief
- Phillips to fill seat on Finance Committee
- Whittier Home to host pair of Old Fashioned Tea Parties
- This Day in History
- State police praise Baillargeon for job well done
- Alexander Baglole gets 5 years' 'strict probation' in child porn case
- Crowley recovering from accident injuries
- June 19, 2014
- Review: Value in Amazon Prime goes beyond shipping
- Busy weekend for police
- NRC delays crucial nuke plant review until October
- Historic group fights city over 'wrongful' demolition