Newburyport Daily News
---- — On this day in 1907, the gun house on the Mall was sold at auction. Up until that point it had been used as a storehouse. It was removed to a vacant lot on the northwesterly side of Davenport Hill, and converted into a dwelling house.
Information provided by the Historical Society of Old Newbury.