officers fired in brutality case
SEABROOK -- Two officers were fired yesterday and a lieutenant broken in rank down to patrolman, the severe penalties for a 2009 police brutality incident at the Seabrook police station that hung "a black cloud" over the department and horrified resiContinued ...
It's all Greek
NEWBURYPORT -- Trust us on this: You could float a battleship on the amount of honey syrup and melted butter that it takes to make 35 huge pans of baklava ... OK, maybe just a small canoe, but it takes a lot. And then there are cases of phyllo dough,Continued ...
Report finds excessive force, evasive answers
SEABROOK -- The internal affairs report on the 2009 police brutality incident involving a Seabrook teen and three local officers tells a tale of excessive force, evasive answers, contradictory statements, poor excuses, memory lapses and deviations frContinued ...
ZBA delays hearing on former Mr. India building
NEWBURYPORT -- The Zoning Board of Appeals Tuesday night postponed the proposed demolition of a structure at 114-118 Merrimac St. (the former Mr. India restaurant) until Sept. 9. Documents show that Robert and Elizabeth MacDonald want to develop a twContinued ...
Residents complain of 'unacceptable' conditions on Plum Island
NEWBURY -- Resident Ellen Daly is sounding the alarm over what she calls "a critical situation on Plum Island Beach." A greater-than-typical influx of weekend visitors to the island this summer, coupled with a lack of adequate funding to provide keyContinued ...
- City hosts monthly mayors meeting
- Some 'Downton Abbey' details to hold you over before Season 5
- This Day in History
- Shoppers flee Market Basket for grocers, butchers, farmstands
- Programs for children at Newburyport library
- Newburyport News in Brief
- Lawrence man accused of trying to steal tire
- Real estate deeds
- Nursing home found at fault; jury issues $14.5M verdict
- Amesbury people in the news
- Police logs
- Chism arraigned in second bathroom attack on a woman
- District court
- Store owner offers $5K reward for robbery info
- July 23, 2014
- Shareholders back deal for Rockport National
- officers fired in brutality case