3 men face charges for highway racing
MERRIMAC -- Three Lawrence men face up to 21/2 years in jail after being charged by police with racing on Interstate 495 south in Merrimac early Tuesday morning, weaving in and out of lanes at speeds in excess of 90 mph. Cauly A. Abreu, 21, 400 SouthContinued ...
Senate OKs Tarr bill to recoup terrorist benefits
BOSTON -- The Massachusetts Senate has adopted a proposal allowing Massachusetts to recoup public benefits given to anyone later convicted of using of a weapon of mass destruction. Gloucester Republican and state Senate Minority Leader Sen. Bruce TarContinued ...
Selectmen turn down higher stipends
WEST NEWBURY -- Selectmen unanimously turned down a $1,500 stipend allocated to them by voters at the annual Town Meeting last month. Instead of the proposed $500 each, the three-member board will continue its recent practice of receiving an annualContinued ...
Community leaders lauded in Salisbury
SALISBURY -- State Treasurer Steven Grossman talked of what he said were the most important things in life: family, education, hard productive work, giving back to the community and making optimism a way of life, during the Salisbury Chamber of CommeContinued ...
Newbury will 'stay the course' fiscally, voters told
NEWBURY -- Thanks to sound financial management and leadership, the town hopes to "stay the course" fiscally speaking during the upcoming year, Finance Committee chairman Frank Remley told Town Meeting voters on Tuesday. Remley reported that the towContinued ...
- District Court
- Tech business earns top recognition
- House moves to treat 17-year-olds as juveniles
- No Headline Provided
- Announcing the Best Bets of Greater Newburyport
- NRA to support boardwalk rebuilding
- Pentucket Middle School Honor Roll
- Police urge vigilance after house break
- A fowl matter
- Police Logs
- Girl injured in marathon bombing leaves hospital
- Kids, teachers from devastated school reunite
- This Day in History
- Kreider keeps Rangers alive with OT goal
- Essex County rugby team to compete for state championship
- 3 men face charges for highway racing