Photos of two suspects sought in the Boston Marathon bombing are displayed during a news conference talking about the investigation of the Boston Marathon explosions yesterday.
A waterfront 'boomtown'
Editor's note: As Newburyport celebrates its 250th anniversary this year, The Daily News is publishing a series of stories that look back at the city's legacy and history. Today, we focus on the city's commercial waterfront along the Merrimack River.Continued ...
At forum Waterfront plans debated
NEWBURYPORT -- The Newburyport Redevelopment Authority met with Mayor Donna Holaday and members of the City Council to discuss the future of the central waterfront, saying that the plan for their 4.2 acres of riverfront land could be revised. DuringContinued ...
Answering a wake-up call
MERRIMAC -- Keith Harris will spend his summer in a much different way than other people. He won't be visiting the beach or hanging out at backyard barbecues. He'll be spending much of it alone -- and he's grateful for that. On June 7, Harris, 49, wiContinued ...
New England Development says they are still considering hotel
As city officials discuss planning issues relating to the downtown and the waterfront, New England Development continues to express an interest in building a hotel near the corner of Merrimac and Titcomb streets. Scott Kelly, a vice president of deveContinued ...
AMS Drama Club prepares 'The Music Man, Jr.'
AMESBURY -- Maryellen Shirshac, the director of Amesbury Middle School Drama Club and her young cast and crew are hard at work rehearsing for this year's spring musical, "The Music Man Jr." 'Opening night is just amazing," Shirshac said. "When they gContinued ...
- Evening of fun benefits Pine Grove School camp trip
- Polls open tomorrow at 7 a.m. for town election
- Edible Garden Group hosts Atlantic Saltworks owners
- Viccaro: FY15 budget talks are occurring
- No Headline Provided
- Freedom: What in the (modern) world does it mean?
- 'Red Sox Day' in Newburyport March 22
- This Day in History
- March 8, 2014
- Cold winter fuels wood pellet shortage
- Embezzler wants to end restitution to Yellow School Center for the Arts
- Mayor Gray brokers deal with pot farms
- School officials take new SAT in stride
- New group launches discussion on local poverty
- church directory
- Programs at Parker River National Wildlife Refuge
- A waterfront 'boomtown'