Police in tactical gear surround an apartment building while looking for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings in Watertown, Mass., Friday, April 19, 2013. The bombs that blew up seconds apart near the finish line of the Boston Marathon left the streets spattered with blood and glass, and gaping questions of who chose to attack and why. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)
Legislature bans 'upskirting'
NEWBURYPORT -- Local lawmakers didn't mince words yesterday when describing the need to push an "upskirting" ban through the Legislature in the wake of a controversial decision by the state's highest court to overrule a lower court ruling that prohibContinued ...
Selectmen protest Triton budget hike
BYFIELD -- Selectmen from Rowley and Newbury urged the Triton Regional School Committee to re-examine the proposed FY15 budget Wednesday, saying their towns can't afford the increases that the spending plan calls for. The district's tentative budgetContinued ...
Officers join birthday celebration for ailing RI boy
SALISBURY -- It was a humbling and overwhelming experience for local first responders who traveled to Rhode Island yesterday to wish a 7-year-old boy battling leukemia a happy birthday. Among the dozens of police cruisers and fire engines taking parContinued ...
Port schools making gains on new math lessons
NEWBURYPORT -- Improving education in mathematics is a top priority for the school district, and the School Committee received an update on the math curriculum this week and how it is being implemented to correlate with the Common Core State StandardContinued ...
For decades, Beach Village District has quietly existed
SEABROOK -- It's been around since 1947, but few fully understand what the Seabrook Beach Village District is, or its authority as a government entity in the state of New Hampshire. According to state documents, "village districts" have been allowedContinued ...
- DISTRICT COURT
- Big Win drawing March 27
- This Day in History
- Police Logs
- Salvation Army holds emergency disaster training March 15
- Four seek two seats on the Winnacunnet School Board
- Wiggins not wavering in decision to leave for NBA
- Joining together in the fight against cancer
- Beverly loses legal fight over Black Cow
- Legal troubles mount for former business owner
- March 6, 2014
- Changes made to zoning amendments
- SJC clears man accused of subway 'upskirting'
- Amesbury gears up for next year's school spending plan
- Securing the Swett-Ilsley House
- This time, local author's voice up for national award
- Legislature bans 'upskirting'