Police officers aim their weapons Friday, April 19, 2013, in Watertown, Mass. A tense night of police activity that left a university officer dead on campus just days after the Boston Marathon bombings and amid a hunt for two suspects caused officers to converge on a neighborhood outside Boston, where residents heard gunfire and explosions.(AP Photo/Matt Rourke)
Kelley School sale eyed
NEWBURYPORT -- City councilors have voted to do their homework on the possible sale of the Kelley School. Councilors voted Tuesday night to send to the Planning and Development Committee a measure that would declare the school as surplus property --Continued ...
NH officials seek Seabrook fire victim's relatives
SEABROOK -- More than three weeks after a fire swept through a B Street mobile home killing one person, the state's Attorney General's office yesterday announced they are still looking for the victim's family. John Clifford, 67, of Seabrook was founContinued ...
Amesbury middle school notes success with 'manly' chorus
AMESBURY -- In her first year as the chorus and performing arts teacher at Amesbury Middle School, Marissa McCue Armitage wanted to do the impossible: get a bunch of 10- to 14-year-old boys to sing. "I want to promote that men sing," Armitage said. "Continued ...
Police officer investigated, placed on leave
SALISBURY -- Police are conducting an internal investigation on one of their own, prompting Chief Thomas Fowler to place the officer on paid administrative leave until their investigation is complete. Officer Daniel McNeil, who at one point was an aContinued ...
26.2 miles of disease-ending desire
BYFIELD -- Every stride of the Boston Marathon's 26.2 miles traveled by Byfield resident Julie Ogden on Monday will be fueled by a desire to end a disease, honor family both living and passed and celebrate a personal milestone. It was a perfect cominContinued ...
- Board questions Whittier's school choice policy
- police logs
- Jones, Godard, Cronenberg in competition at Cannes
- Agreement requires Coakley to pay charities $18K
- Local roundup
- Cape Ann League Standings
- Tuition to drop at state community colleges
- Voters asked to change town clerk position
- Fitness and more at the Amesbury COA
- Make sure your child is safe in the car
- St. Paul's joins area Episcopal churches to celebrate Easter Vigil
- This day in history
- Billy Crystal revives '700 Sundays' for posterity's sake
- April 17, 2014
- As revenues increase, balanced budget will go to Town Meeting
- Kelley School sale eyed