Police in tactical gear surround an apartment building while looking for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings in Watertown, Mass., Friday, April 19, 2013. All residents of Boston were ordered to stay in their homes Friday morning as the search for the surviving suspect in the marathon bombings continued after a long night of violence that left another suspect dead. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)
Gray unveils economic plan
AMESBURY -- Mayor Ken Gray will present the first step in his economic development plan to the City Council tonight that looks to utilize the state's Tax Increment Financing (TIF) program to help expand existing companies, and attract new businesses,Continued ...
Costs pile up to cover debarred officers' shifts
SEABROOK -- The allegations of police brutality against three local officers are costing the town more than embarrassment. It's been more than two months since the YouTube posting of a Nov. 11, 2009, Seabrook police station video hit the web, showingContinued ...
Hospital reports 'banner year' for finances, achievements
NEWBURYPORT -- Officials of Anna Jaques Hospital have reported a "banner year" in terms of financial results and program initiatives. The hospital announced a positive gain in operations of more than $1.75 million, which leaders say represents a 1.5Continued ...
W. Newbury man charged with scamming tenants
WEST NEWBURY -- A Bachelor Street homeowner faces charges for using Craigslist to lure potential renters into giving him large amounts of cash to secure rooms, then pocketing the money and refusing to make good on the rentals. Dana Chooljian, 47, ofContinued ...
Seabrook voters head to polls today
SEABROOK -- When the polls at the Community Center open today from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., voters will decide on town and school budgets, a new look for the northern corridor of Route 1, full-day kindergarten, a new ladder truck for the fire department, prContinued ...
- Second annual Salisbury Art Stroll seeking participants
- Programs at G.A.R. Memorial Library
- Police logs
- This Day in History
- Electronics recycling and bike collection Saturday
- Deadline Saturday for post office photo contest
- Firefighters to conduct community training program
- Rowley Veterans Association makes improvements
- Volunteers needed for Refuge beach clean-up
- What is 'diversity?' Your input is wanted
- New beat reporter for Carriagetown
- Asset Builder Award winners announced
- March 10, 2014
- A waterfront 'boomtown'
- At forum Waterfront plans debated
- Answering a wake-up call
- Gray unveils economic plan