This image provided by the Boston Regional Intelligence Center shows Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, one of the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings. Authorities say Tsarnaev is still at large after he and another suspect -- both identified to The Associated Press as coming from the Russian region near Chechnya -- killed an MIT police officer, injured a transit officer in a firefight and threw explosive devices at police during their getaway attempt in a long night of violence into the early hours of Friday, April 19, 2013. The second suspect, who has not yet been identified, was killed in a shootout with police. (AP Photo/Boston Regional Intelligence Center)
- SLIDESHOW: Old Fashioned Sunday
NRA focuses on ground study
NEWBURYPORT -- The Newburyport Redevelopment Authority recently met after several months of inactivity, and organization leaders say they will soon be back in the borings business. The five-member board had not met in recent months because it lackedContinued ...
For antique lovers, an annual mecca on High St.
NEWBURYPORT -- Antique lovers and treasure hunters have a great opportunity to add to their collections today, as Yankee Homecoming celebrates the golden anniversary of the Annual Antique Show and Sale, taking place beginning at 9 a.m. at High StreetContinued ...
'A good time' in the rain
A little rain didn't wash out the fun on the Bartlet Mall yesterday as Yankee Homecoming 2014 got rolling with Olde Fashioned Sunday. "Everybody is having a good time," Olde Fashioned Sunday chair Kathleen Bailey said. "The kids are having a good timContinued ...
Amesbury news in brief
Coffee with the Commissioner July 30 Join the Amesbury Council on Aging and the state Division of Insurance for Coffee with the Commissioner on Wednesday, July 30, 9 to 10 a.m., at Amesbury Senior Center Costello Transportation Center, 68 Elm St. PopContinued ...
- The Big Hurt and Joe Torre headline Hall of Fame class
- Trial in salmonella outbreak to start in Georgia
- Immaculate Conception School honor roll
- Yankee Homecoming events
- Man seeks video of Oklahoma bombing
- Port's 250th anniversary kicks off this week
- American doctor in Africa gets treatment for Ebola
- Local students on NSCC dean's list
- This day in history
- West Newbury's Middle Road to be paved
- Huge transformers to come by barge to Seabrook Harbor
- A business of her own
- Beverly Hospital courier loses lab forms for 54 patients
- Archer rankled by Ortiz; Bosox end TB's win streak
- New member sought for Waterfront Trust