Police in tactical gear surround an apartment building while looking for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings in Watertown, Mass., Friday, April 19, 2013. The bombs that blew up seconds apart near the finish line of the Boston Marathon left the streets spattered with blood and glass, and gaping questions of who chose to attack and why. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)
- VIDEO: Inn St Easter Hat Parade
Stories of the past
Editor's note: As Newburyprot celebrates its 250th anniversary this year, The Daily News is publishing a series of stories that looks back on the city's history. Today we focus on events that shaped the city. NEWBURYPORT -- It's said that truly histoContinued ...
Hearing on flood maps, insurance
PLUM ISLAND -- Many landowners along the local coast and waterways are being hit by a dramatic increase in flood insurance costs, an issue that has been made harder by a lack of information about how high those fast-climbing rates will go. But localContinued ...
'My dream come true'
NEWBURYPORT -- It's not every week that you can say you realized a dream, but that's exactly what's happened to Kim Lively over the last few days. On April 11, Lively, 41, opened the third location of her children's boutique Lively Kids, eight yearsContinued ...
Owner of Nina's Weiners dies suddenly
NEWBURYPORT -- Beloved hot dog saleswoman Nina Fournier passed away in her home April 12 at the age of 51. Though she had been in treatment for a mild pneumonia and an upper respiratory infection at the time of her death, the immediate cause of deathContinued ...
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for third week
- Shakespeare on the Ipswich
- police logs
- Adult Ed kicks off spring with new courses
- Bruins top Red Wings 4-1, even series at 1-1
- Register soon to vote in election, Town Meeting
- Plant, bake sale to benefit Whittier Home Museum
- Technology led police to shooting suspect
- AHS grad helps Bali's poorest through Stella's Child
- Longtime firefighter remembered as 'true brother'
- Commission offers programs to help support parks
- New regulations prompt land owners to take action
- This day in history
- April 19, 2014
- Port officers to carry Narcan
- Moulton raised more than Tierney again